Get involved as a volunteer
2013 has started with the following needs in terms of volunteer projects:
- the mapping of indigeneous population territories, at a large scale with a specific project in DRC (and at a smaller scale with a worlwide project)- contact Ludovic (l_boyer[at]cartong.org)
- the setting up of a protocole for when on-call firefighters departments in France go abroad to help in emergency situations and need to have access to context maps as soon as possible - contact Sandra (s_gonckel-berger[at]cartong.org)
- Participating in the Digital Humanitarian Network, a consortium of Volunteer & Technical Communities and to provide an interface between formal, professional humanitarian organizations and informal yet skilled-and-agile volunteer & technical networks: the volunteers would be available to help with responses in terms of mapping and GIS analysis when the consortium is called upon- contact info[at]cartong.org
- Google Maps/Google Earth help (drop-down menus, integration of the mapping application in their webpage...) for Naked Whale Research - contact info[at]cartong.org
- Social mapping of the data of a survey for the Mouvement du Nid association (against prostitution), contact Maeve (m_defrance[at]cartong.org);
- GIS training sessions- contact info[at]cartong.org
- Helping out in maintaining the website and anything else to do with design and communication- contact info[at]cartong.org
- Helping to update a webpage with all the new offers in humanitarian GIS that come out in the web- contact info[at]cartong.org
- Any other ideas? Bring them up in the forum!
Find out more on our forum if you want to get involved and visit our "how to become a volunteer" page!